- This event has passed.
Ellison Institute Insights Forum
February 23 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
The ACS recently reported that 1,958,310 Americans will receive a cancer diagnosis, and 609,820 will die from their disease this year. These are daunting statistics, but the ACS report also emphasized that the death rate from cancer has declined by roughly 33% since 1991, amounting to 3.8 million “deaths averted.”
Unfortunately, this decline in the death rate is not evenly distributed across all cancers, nor has much changed with cancers such as pancreas and glioblastoma (GBM), and even more common cancers such as prostate and breast once they have metastasized.
Join us for our Insights Forum on Feb. 23 as our panel of experts take a hard look at why progress has been uneven and how new thinking and ideas could be transformative!
• Christopher Logothetis, MD | MD Anderson Cancer Center
• Paul Mischel, MD | Stanford University
• George Sledge, Jr., MD | Caris Life Sciences
• David Tuveson, MD, PhD, FAACR | Cold Spring Harbor LaboratoryModerated by:
• David Agus, MD | Ellison Institute
• Anna Barker, PhD, FAACR | Ellison Institute